At Air & Water Factor, we have a team of knowledgeable technicians to service, maintain and repair your HVAC system. Since we have the knowledge, we wish to share some tips to make your HVAC unit last longer.
In today’s economy, finding clever ways of saving a dollar has become more critical than before. In fact, according to Consumer Reports in 2013 more than 60% of home owners took on the responsibility of self-home repairs and routine maintenance in order to try and save money.
So, here are a few helpful tips to ensure your HVAC system will last longer, saving you a lot of money for unneeded repairs.
HVAC Tips #1: Set Up An Inspection By A Professional
The best way to extend the life of any major appliance is to have it serviced when the manufacture recommends. And across the board, most AC manufactures recommend having your HVAC system inspected by a service professional one to two times per year (depending on the environment). It is also recommended that this service be performed prior to the temperatures rising or dropping in your area. Here are a few things that a good HVAC service expert should verify with any inspection:
- The HVAC service expert should check the refrigerant levels & recharge the system
- An HVAC service expert will check for leaks and repair them
- Cleaning the condensing unit coils and check the air-flow on cooling coils
- Remove obstructions from the motor and make sure the motor is well lubricated
- Make repairs and clean the compressor components, electrical components and controls
- Calibrate the Thermostat
HVAC Tips #2: Clean Your Ductwork
One of the least discussed HVAC tips is to have your ductwork cleaned annually. The truth is that it is very dusty in the desert. People living in Mesa truly understand this due to the constant dusting they do in their homes. Well, did you know you could avoid most of this routine cleaning, and breathe cleaner air by replacing your air filters every month and ductwork cleaned every year?
This provides you with several benefits including:
- Inspecting your HVAC ductwork can save you money on energy use – especially if the ductwork is leaking.
- This will also help improve the air quality inside your home. And for people who live with COPD or other breathing conditions, this could significantly improve the quality of your life.
- It will save your electronics lifespan. Dust that gets trapped in the air filters of major appliances is a leading cause of electronic failure.
HVAC Tips #3: Stick with the Same Company
When most people look for HVAC tips, we’re willing to bet that most never see this one. But it’s very important that once you find a good company that can inspect your HVAC system and make any minor repairs – on time and on budget – you stick with them. Consistency is vital when it comes to keeping HVAC systems up and running smooth. The truth is that every company is different, and some companies have different policies and procedures when it comes to service plans for HVAC systems.
Benefits Of Having Your AC Unit Regularly Maintained
If you are ready to be proactive about keeping your home, your pets, and your family healthy and cool this summer, our technicians are trained and ready to help! Call us anytime at (480) 706-3333 to discuss your home’s HVAC maintenance options. At Air and Water Factor it is our privilege to serve you and we are dedicated to providing consistently honest, prompt, and high quality service to meet your every need.
Call Air and Water Factor at 480-706-3333
Or just click the image below to go to our Order Page!
Read our post about the benefits of an HVAC Maintenance Programs
We provide installation, repair and maintenance services in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe and all of the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – including Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Fountain Hills, Gold Canyon, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, and the San Tan Valley! Winner of the 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award! read more about the award…