Your heating system requires periodic servicing to ensure proper performance. While there are routine maintenance tasks that practically anybody can perform, there are more sophisticated measures that need to be done by a licensed HVAC professional. Getting your home’s heating system professionally serviced every year will keep it running smoothly and help keep costs under control.
Here are some tips and guidelines:
1. Change or clean your air filters. It is recommended to replace the filter every one to three months. If you employ washable filters, you should clean them once a month.
2. Keep the space around your outdoor unit clean.
3. Have a professional tune-up – and do it early!
The best time to have your system tuned up is in the late summer or early fall – so it’s in top shape for the start of the heating season. Your system needs to be serviced once a year! For every year of maintenance you skip, energy bills can jump 5% to 10% because of reduced efficiency.
Here’s some of what a heating professional will do for your system:
- Check system controls to verify proper start-up, operation and shutdown
- Inspect drains and moving parts
- Lubricate moving parts, specifically fan motor
- Check electrical connections
- Perform thermostat-setting diagnostics
- Thoroughly clean evaporator and condenser coils
- Conduct refrigerant level check and line inspection
- Clean and inspect the blower and associated components
- Inspect furnace components, including connections and valves
Call Air and Water Factor at 480-706-3333 for a heating system check-up!