Here are some tips from Air and Water Factor for making your home ready for winter!
Winter will soon be here in Arizona, so here are a few tips from Air and Water Factor to help you get your home heating system wintertime ready!
Tip #1 – Replace your HVAC Duct Filters
The most common problem that heating systems have is clean filtration. And believe it or not, this begins with the ductwork filtration system inside your home. A home heating unit works by drawing air from inside your home, into a heater, introducing warm air into the ductwork and then circulating the warm air inside your home. If these vents and the ductwork filters are clogged up with dust and debris, the home heating units simply won’t operate with peak efficiency. This can lead to several issues including:
- Breathing unhealthy air when dust and debris is circulated and blown into your home
- Causes the HVAC system to draw more power to circulate the air inside your home
- Increases monthly energy bills due to having to work harder to heat your home
This is why the first step for preparing your home for winter is to replace all of the HVAC ductwork filters.
Tip #2 – Dust the House – Completely
The second easy step you can take to prepare your home for winter and ensure your heating system runs as smooth as possible is to dust your house – completely from top to bottom. Dust that finds itself trapped on vents, appliances, lampshades, and other areas will circulate through the home when the hot air is blown into your home. And after you’ve just replaced your filters, you’ll want to ensure to eliminate as much dust inside your home as possible – so these filters don’t become trapped with debris and cause the above conditions to occur. This is why we suggest spending a few hours dusting your home as much as possible to remove the debris from the house. Doing this will significantly:
- Improve the air quality inside your home
- Potentially reduce sickness and common colds, flu virus from spreading
- Help improve the heating efficiency of the HVAC system
- Save money on your monthly electrical bills
Tip #3 – Have the Home Heating System Professionally Inspected
It is recommended that the home heating system, whether it’s an all-in-one HVAC system, a furnace or even a heat-pump system to be inspected and tuned-up by a professional HVAC repair specialist before winter hits. During this inspection, they will check the following, and more:
- Make sure all belts are tight and replaced if needed and change filters inside the heating system
- Inspect all fluid levels and lubricants and top them off
- Make all mechanical devices are properly clean and free of debris
As winter approaches, your home heating system will begin to get quite a workout. So be proactive by simply following these three easy steps for making sure your home heating unit will operate under peak efficiency and keep your energy bills low this winter.
Get your Home Heating System ready for winter!
Our technicians are trained and ready to help! Call us anytime at (480) 706-3333 to discuss your home’s HVAC maintenance options. At Air and Water Factor it is our privilege to serve you and we are dedicated to providing consistently honest, prompt, and high quality service to meet your every need.
Also – read our blog post about “How To Avoid Heating and Cooling Repairs At Your Home” for more useful info!
Call Air and Water Factor at 480-706-3333
Or just click the image below to go to our Order Page!
Read our post about the benefits of an HVAC Maintenance Programs
We provide installation, repair and maintenance services in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe and all of the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – including Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Fountain Hills, Gold Canyon, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, and the San Tan Valley!
Ready for a heating checkup and cleaning? Call us at 480-706-3333, anytime day or night, or use our Online Form!
Welcome to Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing, where you will get fast, reliable, and professional air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services!
Air and Water Factor Cooling, Heating and Plumbing has been dedicated to providing exceptional service to both residential and light commercial HVAC and plumbing projects in Mesa and the East Valley of Phoenix for over 10 years. Over those years, Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing has earned a reputation for exceeding our customers’ expectations for HVAC service, professionalism, and technical expertise. We offer a full range of air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality and home energy services to our customers, including specialized plumbing services.
Air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services from Air and Water Factor for Mesa, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, and all of the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – including Apache Junction, Fountain Hills, Gold Canyon, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, and the San Tan Valley!
If you’re looking for the most reliable HVAC and plumbing contractors for homes and small commercial buildings, you can rely on Air & Water Factor. We pride ourselves on being an ethical, reliable, family owned & operated company for more than 12 years. We’re also licensed in both residential & commercial industries (ROC#293229, ROC#293189), insured and bonded, and we’re dedicated to providing exceptional customer service with every interaction. We are an SRP Qualified Contractor, APS Qualified Contractor, Trane Comfort Specialist & Dealer, Lennox Dealer, Bryant Dealer, NATE Certified, and Arizona Heat Pump Council Member.
We also provide superior plumbing services to all of the East Valley of Phoenix Arizona, including Backflow Prevention Assembly Testing!
We specialize in:
- Water Heaters – Tankless Water Heaters – Water Filtration Systems
- Hydro Jetting and Camera Service on a Mainline – residential only
- Slab leak repair and re-pipe (whole house.)
- Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Testing!
- Air Conditioning and Heating Installation, Service, Repair
- Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters and Water Filtration Systems
- Air Conditioning and Heating Installation, Service, Repair
- Service for All HVAC Makes & Models
- Background Checked – Certified Technicians
- Professional & Thoroughly-Trained Contractors
- Emergency Service – Nights and Weekends
- Affordable Maintenance Agreement Plans