How to plan for your AC tune-up – before summer arrives!
An important part of keeping an expensive appliance (like your air conditioning unit) running smoothly for years is to set up a routine maintenance program. An AC tune up should be a regular task, and it should be done before Arizona temperatures begin to soar! Here are some guidelines on how to plan for your AC tune-up – before summer arrives.
When you’re talking about air conditioning systems, the best way to ensure you have cool air when you need it most is by having an AC tune-up. Truth is, many home owners in Phoenix and surrounding cities might ask themselves if they really need this sort of service.
That is, they ask that question until the AC stops working. Of course, by then, it’s not an option – it’s an EMERGENCY!
Here’s what you can expect from an AC tune-up (and some tips on how can you ensure you’re getting a great deal on one…)
Four Answers To Common AC Tune-Up Questions
Question #1 – What exactly is an AC Tune Up?
In layman’s terms, an air conditioning tune up is basically a routine maintenance program for your AC system; that is designed to inspect several elements of the complete AC system including:
- Inspection of the moving parts inside the air conditioning system
- Inspection of the filtration system that filters air through the entire home and through the AC unit itself
- Inspection of belts, hoses, lubricants that are designed to keep the AC system running strong
- Inspection of the electrical system and plumbing that powers the AC units
It is recommended that only a professional HVAC contractor that is licensed to complete HVAC system maintenance check in Arizona should perform an AC tune up inside your home. It’s also a good idea to check the credentials of any licensed contractor you hire.
Question #2 – When should I have an AC tune up performed?
The best advice is to create a bi annual routine and get on a maintenance plan. You want to have your unit checked before summer to ensure your unit is cooling properly. You also want to have a tune up around the fall season to have the heating unit checked so you know your heat will be working in the winter months.
Question #3 – What are the benefits to having an AC tune up performed?
Just like any other mechanical device, having an AC tune-up on your system helps to extend the life of the unit. However, there are other benefits that you may be overlooking:
- Routine maintenance programs will help you save money on energy bills.
- Routine AC Tune Ups can help you diagnose potentially expensive repair problems and fix them before it costs you a ton of money to replace the entire system
- An AC Tune Up can help the system run smoother and improve indoor air quality
The most important thing to remember about an AC tune up is to simply have it done. Contact Air and Water Factor Cooling, Heating and Plumbing to make sure that your system is running strong throughout the hot summer season and well into fall.
CALL US TODAY AT 480-706-3333 OR USE OUR ONLINE FORM.
Welcome to Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing, where you will get fast, reliable, and professional air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services!
Air and Water Factor Cooling, Heating and Plumbing has been dedicated to providing exceptional service to both residential and light commercial HVAC and plumbing projects in Mesa and the East Valley of Phoenix for over 10 years.
Over those years, Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing has earned a reputation for exceeding our customers’ expectations for HVAC service, professionalism, and technical expertise. We offer a full range of air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality and home energy services to our customers, including specialized plumbing services. We have been awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015! We pride ourselves on being an ethical, reliable, family owned & operated company for more than 12 years. We’re also licensed in both residential & commercial industries (ROC#293229, ROC#293189), insured and bonded, and we’re dedicated to providing exceptional customer service with every interaction.
Air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services from Air and Water Factor for Mesa, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, and all of the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – including Apache Junction, Fountain Hills, Gold Canyon, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, and the San Tan Valley!
We are an SRP Qualified Contractor, APS Qualified Contractor, Trane Comfort Specialist & Dealer, Lennox Dealer, Bryant Dealer, NATE Certified, and Arizona Heat Pump Council Member.
Providing superior HVAC and plumbing services to all of the East Valley of Phoenix Arizona.
Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing
- Air Conditioning and Heating Installation, Service, Repair
- Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters and Water Filtration Systems
- Hydro Jetting and Camera Service on a Mainline – for residential only
- We now offer slab leak repair and re-pipe (whole house.)
- Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Testing!
- Service for All HVAC Makes & Models
- Background Checked – Certified Technicians
- Professional & Thoroughly-Trained Contractors
- Emergency Service – Nights and Weekends
- Affordable Maintenance Agreement Plans
Serving Phoenix, Mesa and the East Valley
Air and Water Factor is proud to be a member of the Arizona Heat Pump Council! Air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services from Air and Water Factor for Mesa, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Chandler, and all of the East Valley of Phoenix Arizona
(Temperatures graphic from city-data.com)