The essentials of heating unit maintenance for Arizona winters.
Living in Arizona, where winter is comparatively mild, often it is easy to forget about the very real need for heating unit maintenance. Your heating system requires periodic servicing to ensure proper performance. While there are routine maintenance tasks that practically anybody can perform, there are more sophisticated measures that need to be done by a licensed HVAC professional. Getting your home’s heating system professionally serviced every year will keep it running smoothly and help keep costs under control.
Here are some tips and guidelines for effective heating unit maintenance:
First, here’s what YOU can do:
1. Change or clean your air filters. It is recommended to replace the filter every one to three months. If you employ washable filters, you should clean them once a month.
2. Keep the space around your outdoor unit clean.
3. Have a professional tune-up – and do it early!
The best time to have your system tuned up is in the late summer or early fall – so it’s in top shape for the start of the heating season. Your system needs to be serviced once a year! For every year of maintenance you skip, energy bills can jump 5% to 10% because of reduced efficiency.
Here’s some of what an Air and Water Factor professional will do for your system:
- Check system controls to verify proper start-up, operation and shutdown
- Inspect drains and moving parts
- Lubricate moving parts, specifically fan motor
- Check electrical connections
- Perform thermostat-setting diagnostics
- Thoroughly clean evaporator and condenser coils
- Conduct refrigerant level check and line inspection
- Clean and inspect the blower and associated components
- Inspect furnace components, including connections and valves
Call Air and Water Factor at 480-706-3333 for a heating system check-up!
Welcome to Air and Water Factor – Cooling, Heating and Plumbing, where you will get fast, reliable, and professional air conditioning, heating, and plumbing services.
We provide installation, repair and maintenance services in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe and all of the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – including Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Fountain Hills, Gold Canyon, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, and the San Tan Valley! Winner of the 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award! read more about the award…